A 7000 € GRANT FOR A PROJECTAwarded to a young person from the Mediterranean
You wish to undertake a project
Born after 31 December 1984,
you will be under 30 years of age in 2014.
The Marc de Montalembert Foundation offers a 7000 euros grant for qualifying projects.
To present a project an application form must be requested before December 15th.
Deadline for the dispatch of applications: December 31st, 2013
In order to encourage better appreciation of the cultures and art and crafts of the Mediterranean region among its young generations the Marc de Montalembert Foundation provides grants for the implementation of projects related to cultures or art and crafts. Projects must be the expression of a personal vocation of the candidates. Projects must be implemented outside the candidates’ home country. The Foundation expects concrete results from the project. Whatever form of expression chosen – written, oral, visual, … – the outcome must be an original piece of work which the Foundation may consider helping to publish or promote. The candidate may decide to finalize the result of the project in residence at the Marc de Montalembert Foundation on the island of Rhodes in Greece. The subjects treated by grant beneficiaries in twenty years since 1994 come under the headings of: “Sculpture”, “Literature”, “Music”, “Painting”, “ Engraving”, “Architecture”, “Sociology”, “Photography”, “Ethnography”, “Art History”, “Musicology”.
- Call for applications for the Prix Marc de Montalembert 2014
- Annual opening of the Foundation in Rhodes on the day of Saint Marc: presentation of the 2013 Marc de Montalembert grant to Pandora Dourmisi, Greece.
- The 2013 Marc de Montalembert grant was awarded to Pandora Dourmisi, Greece, for her project Derelict earthen architecture in the west Balkan region.
- The 2013 Prix Marc de Montalembert was presented to Silvia Armando, art historian from Italy for her research Art and archeology in the medieval Mediterranean world through the correspondence and photographic archives of Ugo Monneret de Villard.
- The Prix Marc de Montalembert 2013 is awarded to Silvia Armando, art historian, for her research on Ugo Monneret de Villars, a XXth century specialist of islam art and history.
- Hosting the workshop on “the art of participatory leadership” organized by Systemic Innovation Zone Hellas.